River View Christian Academy helps girls, ages 12-17, who are struggling academically due to negative influences or behavior. It is on 45 beautiful acres near Austin, Texas. Its purpose is to provide a safe, structured, and supportive setting for struggling teenage girls.
One of the most important aspects of redirecting a girl who is struggling is for her to be moved to an environment that is structured with a routine schedule that they can count on. We believe in student boundaries in all areas of life. Another reason for our success over 25 years at River View Christian Academy is the high level of staff and parent involvement. This is not just a job for the staff, it is their passion.
River View Christian Academy was established in 1993 and is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school. It was founded by a San Diego police offer who saw the need to help struggling kids where he served on patrol. He turned his life mission into helping teens who were falling through the cracks. They didn’t need the extreme help of a group home or treatment center, but did need more structure and boundaries in their life. River View was formed as a private boarding school on 45 beautiful acres near Austin, Texas. Its purpose is to provide a safe, structured, and supportive setting for struggling teenage girls, 12-17 years old.
River View is a year-round schooling with ongoing open enrollment. Enroll your daughter at any time during the year and we can help her get caught up if she’s behind. Parents have often tried counseling and have done all the right things, but their teenage girl continues to head in a negative direction. As a result, they fear for her future. These issues can often be alleviated simply by removing her from the negative environment she is in and enrolling her in a special boarding school like River View, which provides 24-hour care and supervision, with strong structure, mentoring, and boundaries.
If your child is exhibiting any of these behaviors, or you are concerned about the negative influences of other students exhibiting these behaviors, River View can help remove these distractions and help your child to re-focus on her education…
- She is rebelling against authority
- Her grades suddenly dropped
- You fear she may be dabbling in harmful substances
- She has neglected her good friends in favor of ones who are bad influences
- She has withdrawn from positive activities like clubs, church, and sports
- She is spending too much time alone or online
- She has radically changed her dress or appearance
- She is sleeping excessively, or not enough
- She is unusually obsessed with the internet and social media
- She demands overnight stays with her new friends
- She has been running away for days at a time
- Some valuables have gone missing in your home
- You fear for her safety…and for her future
Good Choices for a Good Life!
River View helps young girls restore and develop good personal character through biblically-based lessons about practicing integrity, self-control, setting boundaries and accepting responsibility. We show them the right path for living a good life.
- Due to our year-round educational system, students have the opportunity to enroll at any time to get ahead, or catch up in school if they are behind. We provide a high staff-to-student ratio with an individualized curriculum and program for each student.
- Staff members live on-campus, eat with students, tutor them, and and take part in all the other student activities. This constant interaction allows staff members to build trusting relationships with teens, and encourage a student’s learning and progress at River View.
- Another unique and important aspect of River View is parental involvement in the child’s education. We provide monthly parent conferences, support meetings and training, as well as six months of optional Post Graduate Home Support.
- River View is not a residential treatment center, therapeutic boarding school, or alternative boarding school. However, we have found that a structured and caring environment can make an enormous difference in correcting behavioral issues among teenagers. We help girls who suffer from the trauma of adoption, victimization or significant loss.Our research has shown that short-term programs do not provide enough time for teens to break their bad habits and replace them with healthy new ones. At River View, 3 semesters (18 months) is the average length of stay. As students display positive progress, we provide them with more responsibilities as well as privileges in order to challenge and motivate them to continue progressing.
River View is an excellent alternative to wilderness programs and boot camps, giving a struggling girl a positive, structured environment that allows her to refocus on her education without distraction and helps her to break negative habits she may have previously developed.
Structured Fun, Water Sports, Track & Field, and Healthy Outdoor Recreation
River View Christian Academy’s master-plan designed campus provides students with a variety of options for healthy exercise, team sports activities, dogs/animal care, fresh food gardens and motivating outdoor adventures.
River View also participates in fun activities, with plans to soon join middle and high track and field school competitions. Austin is the home of the famous Austin marathon, and many public and private schools in the area promote and support competitive track events nearby. Other healthy sport activities and staff-led coaching takes place in River View’s new gymnasium.
And, with River View’s location in the Austin hill country, students will enjoy special outings to explore area parks, natural swimming holes, rivers and lakes. Teen girls can also access canoes, paddle boards, and kayaks on these staff-led field trips into the great outdoors. Hiking trail field trips provide students with opportunities to expand their view of what they can accomplish when they keep on track. Staffers also lead students on trips to visit historic sites around the Austin area, which adds to their educational experience.
Learning Responsible Care
With seasonal food gardens, students will plant, grow and eat healthy vegetables as part of their responsible learning. We’re adding a hydroponic system to grow plants year-round and continue to sell surplus vegetables to nearby communities.
And the River View Christian Academy campus also hosts a canine science program, where students care for new-born puppies, and the breeding dogs, coached by our Staff Director. Dog and pet lovers in the Austin community can purchase healthy puppies, with all funds going to support River View.
Quality Education…and Life Success at River View
The ultimate goal of River View is to bring students back to their home with the practical life and leadership skills that they need to be successful in their life and education.
River View Christian Academy is part of Teen Rescue, Inc. | Corporate Office: 31500 Grape St. #326, Lake Elsinore, CA 92532