Location: Montana (students come from all states)
Call for information toll-free, 24/7: (888) 940-6278
New Horizons is a year-round Christian boys home and school that helps troubled boys ages 7 to 14 prepare for the future and rebuild relationships with their parents and family.Boys learn to overcome destructive decisions and actions. They begin to accomplish academically, and to form Christian values, as well as to learn discipline and respect while enjoying adventure in God’s great outdoors. This program facilitates a long-term change, unlike the usually short-term progress that military school and boot camps provide. New Horizons has helped hundreds of families who can no longer control their boy and are fearful for his future. This is one of few such programs in the country that works with pre-teen and tween boys.
Why New Horizons?
New Horizons Boys Ranch tuition is much less than most therapeutic programs, and offers variable length stays (short term or long term). This therapeutic boarding ranch for boys will help your boy get on the other side of bad behaviors, anger and self-destruction. Your boy will learn discipline and respect. Allow the dedicated, Christian staff at this program help revive the hope that was once strong in your now struggling boy by providing a safe, spiritually healthy platform for turning his life around.
Nestled in the beautiful mountains of Montana facing the Canadian Rockies, New Horizons Boys Ranch offers a Christian residential program for pre-teen and teenage boys, ages 7 to 14. The campus, which includes cattle and horses, is 1 mile west of Lake Kookanusa in Rexford, Montana. The facility houses up to 20 boys.
For many families, placing their child in a residential program is absolutely the right choice and the best chance to help their son, while they can. New Horizons can help you work through that decision, since boys aren’t enrolled into this program unless he really needs help.
So, please consider the following questions as you make this difficult decision:
- • Is your son’s behavior out of control?
- • Is he running away or staying away from home without permission?
- • Are you walking on pins and needles in your home?
- • Is your boy liable to explode in anger without warning?
- • Are counseling and other outpatient treatments working, or is his behavior worsening?
- • Are the problems your child is facing persistent or even worsening despite his promises to change?
- • Are your son’s behaviors placing his health or life, or that of your family, at risk?
- • Is your son’s involvement in illegal, risky or immoral activities on the increase?
- • Have there been legal problems that have arisen due to your son’s behavior, or are there charges being brought or could be brought that could lead to incarceration?
- • Is your son deeply entangled with friends who are a negative influence, such that you simply cannot keep him away from them?
- • Does he keep returning to negative behaviors even after periods of time when he has been doing well?
- • Is your boy stealing money from you, or are valuables missing in the home?
- • Has your boy lost interest in school, sports and “normal” adolescent activities?
- • Have you found drug paraphernalia in his bedroom or his backpack?
- • Are prescription drugs missing in the home, or have you found pills that you don’t know what they are?
- • Are your son’s behaviors interfering with the completion of his education?
- • Has there been violence or the threat of violence in the home? Have you thought you might be safer to lock your bedroom door at night?
- • Have his actions or behaviors reached a point where you know that something more has to be done?
At New Horizons Boys Ranch the mission is to help boys grow in Academic Fitness, Emotional Fitness, Physical Fitness and Spiritual Fitness. Staff reinforces and builds Self-Discipline and Self-Respect while developing a positive Self-Image.
Your boy receives behavioral training tools which benefit him or her for the rest of their life. New Horizons Boys Ranch is a home-like environment where troubled adolescents come to develop better life attitudes, grow in their belief, live life in a safe and nurturing environment, and overcome their challenges and problems. New Horizons Boys Ranch provides an opportunity for troubled adolescents to face their challenges and problems, conquer them and rejoin their families.
New Horizons Ranch offers:
- • Academic instruction
- • A non-threatening, home-like, supportive environment in which to solve overwhelming challenges and problems
- • Assistance in understanding life’s challenges
- • Guidance in finding their place in the world
- • Physical fitness
- • Skilled mentors
- • Spiritual instruction